Young Jewish Artists Contest | Artists Age 16 – 30
Art is a median for the evolution, refinement and redefinition of our individual and collective identities.
Creativity can act as a facilitator of simultaneous identities, engaging our dual nature, at once holistic and individualistic.
The J Klaynberg Gallery presents our Debut Annual Juried Exhibition:
We invite Artists to submit any work related, whether overtly or subconsciously, to the Individual Collective theme.
Submission fee: $40
Deadline: June 2nd, 2011
Jurors: A prominent panel of judges
50 FINALISTS will be selected by Jurors on June 9th, 2011
From January 10th through 31st, the Public will be invited to vote via our website for their favorite artist.
The top 20 People’s Choice will be exhibited at the J Klaynberg Gallery in Chelsea.
- All Media accepted.
- No Nudity.
- Images must be submitted in jpeg or png format, no smaller than 900px wide and 500px in height, and no larger than 2MB in size.
- Submissions must be received by email
- 5-10 images per contestant (if submitting sculpture, include at least 2 different views of each piece; film submissions are also accepted )
- Images must be labeled as follows: Last name_first initial_ title of the piece
- Subject line must read Individual Collective: Last name_First name. In the body of the email, include your name, phone number, and a link to your website if applicable.
- You must attach an artist’s statement: Statement will include a clear description of your cultural heritage and the role you believe Jewish life plays in art, and art in Jewish life. Statement will be titled as Last Name _ First Name, and attached to email as a ”.docx” file. Statement will be approximately 500 words long.
- Your submission will not be processed without payment of the $40 application fee. The fee can be sent via Paypal or via Check to the address below.
Checks may be addressed to:
J Klaynberg Gallery
121 W 19th St
New York, NY 10011
(If paying by check, include “Individual Collective”, followed by first and last name in the memorandum section)
DEADLINE IS June 2nd, 2011.